Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Where to Begin?

I know it's been a while since I posted and my "resurgent" post was far from earth-shattering, so I apologize. To be honest the holidays derailed my blogging efforts. Once I get out of a routine it is difficult for me to get back to it, even when I know it needs to be done.

As a tribute to missed opportunities I offer a brief teaser of blog content that escaped me at the time, but will be covered in later entries. Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me and said they missed reading my posts!

First of all, we are welcoming a new addition to our family at the end of June. Gracyn Noelle Lyerla is beginning to make her presence known. Tomorrow afternoon Nancy and I will get to see her in a 4D ultrasound.

Sometime in the next month I will be re-entering the military and pursuing a commission in the Tennessee National Guard. To that end I have been working to get back into shape, and finding it to be a much longer trip than I expected! So far I have dropped nearly 15 pounds through exercise and watching what I eat. My target loss is 25-30 pounds, so I will keep you updated.

The most-well documented event that I should have had something to comment about is the tornado that tore through western Tennessee and Union University on February 5th. I felt the coverage by Tim Ellsworth at Union and others would be far more accurate and clearly conveyed than I could hope to match, so instead of writing I focused on helping with the rebuilding efforts around campus.

Then of course there is the national election, the Superbowl and now Brett Favre's retirement. All of these things and more should be covered, (well maybe not the Superbowl, it's kinda old news) in future entries.

Finally, I am playing around with using Microsoft Word 2007 to publish my entries, let me know what you think. Hopefully I can be a little more reliable from here on out. Thanks for sticking with me!


 

Leland


 

4 comments:

Chase Abner said...

Wow. Lots of exciting stuff for you. And I'm glad you've blogged again.

Congrats on the new baby. Three girls, eh? Part of me is not jealous of that at all.

May God bless your work in the Guard. I'm very glad there are men who will volunteer themselves to such work.

Em said...

All I want to know is when I can expect to see some of those 4D pictures on Life...More or Less.

Athena said...

Wow, lots going on in the Lyerla household this year! Glad you're blogging again, it's the only way I find out what's happening in your family. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, military life? That works for me...now we can go to government surplus auctions together! I'm thinking we need to buy an old hummer and outfit it for the union county fair demo derby.