Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Four-Year Old Fitness

To get back in shape before beginning Officer Candidate School in April my mornings begin with exercise. On days when I don't run I use a "Fit For Duty" podcast from the Pentagon Channel as a guide for push-ups, sit-ups and general cardio. I load it onto my PSP and connect the PSP to my television. Yeah, I'm kind of a geek in that way. Using a structured program helps keep me from getting off track and wasting the time.

A few days ago Tori, our 4-year old daughter joined me for my morning workout in the living room. She was following along pretty well at first, but as the intensity picked up she went to the couch and got her blanket. She put it beside her on the floor, and when I asked what she was doing she told me;

"When it gets hard I'll just lay down." And she did.

When I told Nancy she laughed and said Tori must take after her when it comes to exercise.

I said nothing. :)

3 comments:

Athena said...

Must be a family thing, because that's my motto too when it comes to exercise...

Anonymous said...

I knew you were an intelligent guy, but your lack of response truly proves your mental prowess!

Anonymous said...

SIR! NICE TO SEE YOU BACK AND ROUTINELY POSTING ON YOUR BLOG....SIR!