Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Another teachable moment

Honus Wagner and Derek Jeter's respective baseball cards made news today; one is worth millions, one may be worth something in the future.
Baseball cards made the news around our house yesterday. The Children's Minister at our church had lunch with Madison on Monday and gave her a box of baseball cards worthy of kickstarting any kid's collection. It would have never occurred to me a 7-year old girl would be so excited about getting baseball cards, but it made her day. She called my office as soon as she got home to give me the details of her latest treasure, then nearly knocked me over when I got home that evening to show them to me. As I looked through them with her some names were well known, others not so much. Most likely none would be future Honus Wagners, but to have the chance to share a night of sorting baseball cards with my daughter?

Priceless.

1 comment:

Chase Abner said...

That's good stuff, man. It makes me anticipate having children even more.