Sunday, May 25, 2008

An Unexpected Follow Up to "Things Better Left Unsaid"

Now that 8- year old Madison and 4-year old Tori share a room it has become necessary to lay down a few ground rules for going to bed; no talking, no playing and no getting out of bed. The first violation (a pretty common occurrence) results in a swat to the bottom, after that they lose their respective stuffed animals for the night.

So last night we did devotions and put the girls to bed. Twenty minutes later I heard giggling and banging around in their room. I opened the door in time to see Madison scrambling up the bunk bed ladder and Tori diving into her bottom bunk. Strike one. Two pops to the bottoms and a reminder of the what happens next followed and I left the room.

A half hour later I heard more giggling and chatter, strike two. Madison handed over her Webkinz without much protest, but I expected much more drama from Tori. Seeing her Minnie Mouse on the floor, I picked it up and headed out the door. Just as I was walking out I heard Tori say "That's okay, that's Madison's Minnie Mouse." Fighting off a laugh and shaking my head I turned around, put Madison's back on the floor and relieved Tori of hers.

When I told Nancy what happened she said even if Tori had kept quiet until I'd left the room it would have been too much for her not to tell Madison, who would have promptly ratted her sister out.

1 comment:

Em said...

It can't be true! Not those sweet, adorable little girls.......