Friday, December 15, 2006

Rosie's Apology

Rosie O'Donnell apologized for earlier remarks that were seen by many to be insulting to the Chinese. But does this really sound like an apology, or more of a "don't be a crybaby"?

"You know it was never (my) intent to mock," O'Donnell said on Thursday's show, "and I'm sorry for those people who felt hurt or were teased on the playground."

"But I'm also gonna give you a fair warning that there's a good chance I'll do something like that again, probably in the next week -- not on purpose. Only 'cause it's how my brain works."


It's how her brain works? Could the same be said about comments from Mel Gibson or Michael Richards? Rosie's apology is a glaring example of the "I'm sorry I got caught" mindset. She takes no responsibility for her actions, there is no remorse, and in fact says she'll most likely be doing it again. What an arrogant thing to say!

For future reference Rosie baby, just copy and paste this on your next press release.

"I'm sorry. What I said or did was wrong, and I apologize for the hurt it caused. I accept full responsibility for my actions and ask for forgiveness from those who were hurt by what I did."

No comments: